Logo

Bravo III Anode help

eyeman

I'm looking very seriously

I'm looking very seriously at purchasing a 1999 Bayliner Ciera 2655 with the B3 drive. I've been reading horror stories about the corrosion and pitting problems at the drive. I've read everything from too much iron in the aluminum alloy to dissimilar metals to you name it. Can anyone guide me on the significance of this issue and whether a fix has been determined? Thanks - a new cruiser.

"Found this on the web:

&#3

"Found this on the web:

"Boat U.S. has received few reports about corrosion damage on single-prop MerCruiser outdrive models and none involving Volvo outdrives. Volvo Penta is the only other manufacturer producing outdrives with two propellers. Most of the Bravo III complaints in our files involve 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001 models.""

Thanks for the feedback and th

Thanks for the feedback and the rig I'm looking at falls within the years you've outlined and is a Bravo III. Any idea if Mercrusier has a fix?

Merc. is not admitting that it

Merc. is not admitting that it is their fault. They recommend installing a second Mercathode in parallel w/the first one. Make sure the correct annodes for the water you boat in are installed. Have a technician inspect the dock/water area where it is moored so that stray voltage does not come from a moored nearby boat or shore power current leaking into the water. Google "Bravo III Problems".

Back