Logo

Drive will not go in forward

"I have a 2005 27 SeaRay, 350m

"I have a 2005 27 SeaRay, 350mpi with bravo III. This summer I had alot of trouble getting into forward. After driving for a while, would stop to fish, go to move boat and would make a winding sound as I gave gas, then bang into forward. Doesn't do all the time and never in reverse. Only does when it's warmed up and never cold leaving the slip. Also had to top off oil reservior 4 times-no oil in bilge or slick-line at drive?"

I Have 1982 sea ray with a mer

I Have 1982 sea ray with a merc cruiser 260 hit bottom a couple times this year and my brother hit a rock also lost oil in the out drive cause the oil plug on the top of the out drive fell out.their has been vibration in the back ever since just took the boat out on Halloween to test drive still vibration in the back gave it the gas real hard and herd a clunk and lost prop power no forward or reverse any ideas on what it should be I'm thinking a new out drive may be necsry.

"Better to start your own post

"Better to start your own post so it dosent get lost.
Most likely damaged gears or shaft.
You should be thinking about a depth finder or educate the operator , a lot cheaper than a drive."

Back