Logo

Need a title

starsh1p

Regular Contributor
"Anybody in Massachusetts know

"Anybody in Massachusetts know anything about obtaining a title for a boat that does not have one? I have the chance to get a Sea Ray in great condition for free from a friends family. The owner died and the remaining family members refuse to be bothered with obtaing a copy of the original title for me, go figure. I have a 19 foot galaxy now that is properly titled but this boat is better than what I have now so was just wondering if anybody had any ideas before I just strip it for the motor, sterndrive,gauges...etc. All the above mentioned parts are newer versions of what my boat already has so it would not be a waste of time by any means if thats all I get to do. Thanks for any info"

"If you can get a "bill of

"If you can get a "bill of Sale" from the beneficiary and a copy of the death cert, that should be enough, can also call the DMV and save a trip. I wouldn't strip a SeaRay those are very nice boats ( unless it's in bad condition ) then yea.. strip it..

You can also reg in NH even though you live in MA.. and still boat anywhere you want, did that myself for years. And You don't need a NH Address either. And no app for a title, and no Bill of Sale. Mass is a pain in the a$$ .. oh and at renewal time they send you the renew slip."

Back