Logo

Hard to start 5 hp 4 stroke

olvick

"Out of the box, my outbaord w

"Out of the box, my outbaord was difficult to start. I followed all the instructions for starting the first time. I presumed it needed a little extra coaxing, since it had no fluids.

When warm it would start after 8-10 pulls.

Last season it would run a while quit and would not start.

Before the current season, I took it to a local authorized dealer, to inspect, clean and repair. He says he cleaned out the entire fuel system, and put in a new kit with filter. I brought it home, and it still needed a little nudging.

It has never started easily. It may take 50-100 pulls to get it going.

I put in a new carburetor, and fuel pump. It looks to be getting fire at the (clean)plug. The plug upon inspection after a number of pulls is dry.

The only abberation I can see, is the oil light comes on intemittently when cranking (pulling the starter rope).

I have thought about installing a hotter plug.

I would prefer not to take it back to authorized repair shop. It was dirty, and disorganized. They also did not lay the motor on its side in the prescribed manner. I have no confidence in this outfit.

vc"

Your engine is designed to sta

Your engine is designed to start on the first pull. If it does not start by the third then something is wrong. Take it into another dealer and have them fix it. There would be no reason for you to have put on a carburetor or fuel pump as that would be covered under warranty.

"Evinrude 4.5 hp model 5RHCN

"Evinrude 4.5 hp model 5RHCN year 1982
I need the informations: The cylinder Bore and pistons size.
To resume, all the info to rebuilt the engine.

Thank you.
Jo"

Back