Logo

250a motor

timw

"I salvaged a boat from a barn

"I salvaged a boat from a barn..I pulled the motor & 270 O.D..It is a 250a motor (aq151) with dual carbs, and fresh water cooling system..The lady stated that her husband passed before he was able to break inthis motor..Compression is 155 psi each of the 4 cylinders..Everythind is new on the motor, alt, trim motor/shaft, both carbs are new ect..looks to have alum. head..I am a Mercuriser guy..I know nothing about the power unit...its spottless..my question is, what would be a range of price to sell this for..?"

"ask $2500 if can be heard run

"ask $2500 if can be heard running, comp tested, shifted into gear etc.

or $1250 as is where is

It might be new hours wise, but old rubber parts, seals and gaskets are still "age old" and a buyer should expect typical age related issues. Varnished fuel in carbs, stuck rings, chewed wiring.... barn finds can be nightmares which is why I upped the price so much running"

"If this is good, and you end

"If this is good, and you end up with the over-haul data and receipts, it would be a plus.

These are good engines, and many know that finding a good runner is often much less expensive than to have their engine over-hauled.
Most will also be willing to pay shipping, so selling via e-Bay may be an option for you.
(host lots of photos.... maybe even a video clip of the engine running!)

Not many concerns about the drive.... not unless deferred maintenance has caused water damage.
The 4 cylinder engine power cannot and will not damage this drive.
."

Back