Logo

Crusader 270

craig

i have a pair of 270 crusader

i have a pair of 270 crusader that i am going to install in a 30 trojan but i notice on the carbs that the primarys are facing the rear of the engine will this still work? they came out of a boat with straight drive not V drives

"Do you mean the engines thems

"Do you mean the engines themselves are reverse mounted for the V-drives, or that the carbs are reversed on the intake manifolds? The first isn't a problem, given correct mounting angles. The second probably is, depending which carbs and manifold flanges are involved.

"

just the carbs themsevles are

just the carbs themsevles are mounted with the primarys in the rear and the secondary facing forward everything else is mounted like a staight engine

"Well, since you said "mou

"Well, since you said "mounted" that takes care of the biggest problem. They must be square-bores. Each side of the carb - one primary and one secondary - feeds each side of the manifold, same as frontways mounting, so you shouldn't have any problem there. You may need to readjust the float(s) depending on mounting and running angle.

Second question - depends on the props. Best thing to do is run the boat at WOT and check your RPM's. If they fall within the specs for those engines (probably around 4400-4800), you're okay. Too low? Use lower pitch props. Too high? Higher pitch.

"

Back