Logo

Takes on some water

botaman

Regular Contributor
"boat was anchored in the midd

"boat was anchored in the middle of a lake with engine OFF, started to hear the sum pump came ON too often.
Found water dripping in from the stern where the exhuast tube thingy rubbery. Not sure if it ribs or what. But anyways, is this something I should be concerned about? Thank you for your help folks."

""Found water dripping in

""Found water dripping in from the stern where the exhuast tube thingy rubbery. Not sure if it ribs or what."

What year and engine? Which "exhuast tube thingy rubbery"?

"But anyways, is this something I should be concerned about?"

I would think it should raise some level of concern that water is entering the boat."

"I have to take a picture tomo

"I have to take a picture tomorrow where the leak was. I didn't think it was OK neither.
And BTW, it's an 02 4.3 V6 Mercruiser. Thanks in advance for all your help."

take a screwdriver and see if

take a screwdriver and see if you can tighten the clamp thingys on the tube thingys.. some times they loosen upish. If there is a hole in the rubber boot it needs to be replaced as carbon-monoxide fumes can and will cause you or your passengers to get sick. If there is a hole then at somepoint that side possibly overheated and you may want to check the condition of the exhaust flappers to ( inside the exhaust tube ).

Back