Logo

Rooky still learning

botaman

Regular Contributor
"Can you guys tell me what typ

"Can you guys tell me what type of lube should go in the first pix? And why I'm loosing quite a bit?
The second pix reservour. What does this do? Sorry for being a noob, but I guess that's why they call learning.
295096.jpg
295097.jpg
"

"What year and engine is this

"What year and engine is this one?

The 1st pic. of the white bottle w/black cap looks like the antifreeze (green) coolant overflow reservior.

The 2nd pic. w/2 hyd. hoses is the OD hyd. oil pump over top of the oil reservior w/yellow cap. The level looks fine and the oil does not get changed unless contaminated; leave it alone. The oil is either hydraulic (if semi-clear), automatic transmission (if red)or engine (if amber)."

"Guy, the first pic is of the

"Guy, the first pic is of the Outdrive lube oil reservoir, late model V6 V8's have them mounted there.

If it's loosing oil, make sure there is no leak in the gear box and no water has got in."

"2nd resevoir is for the tilt/

"2nd resevoir is for the tilt/trim pump.. looks about normal.. watch for cracks in the plastic and oil underneath it.

The 1st one could leak from a few places.. follow the hose ( underneath the bottle ) into the transom, it could just be low from the last service of removing the outdrive, or checking the gear oil in the outdrive. Mercruiser Hi-Performance Gear Oil is recommended."

Thank you and thank you Brian.

Thank you and thank you Brian. I understand the functions of those resevoir now. I will start follow your advice and start looking for leak.

Back