Logo

Damaged ignition by bcranking overb thunderbolt 1v

english_man_in_norway

Contributing Member
"I was cranking over the engin

"I was cranking over the engine with the ht lead disconected from the distributor,but due to my 'inexperience' didn't disconect the appropriate wires & noticed 'sparking' coming from the coil terminals,when I tried to start up again I couldn't get a spark from a sparkplug whilst connected to the coil ht lead & grounded,have I damaged the coil or the ignition amplifyer?"

"Possible. Suggest going thru

"Possible. Suggest going thru the TB-IV troubleshooting flowchart. If you need a copy, just ask."

"yeh thanks that would be usef

"yeh thanks that would be useful,I used a Voltmeter & got battery power from the coil & the ignition amplifyer,I have also just fitted a new ignition distributor sensor,so that should rule that out.The enoying thing is I only need to get her running for 10 minutes,to get her to the ramp,as im going to winterise her & fit new head gaskets."

"at least it still spins over.

"at least it still spins over...

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_pdf.gif""" align=left alt=""application/pdf"">tbtrouble
[url=""][b]thunderBolt-IV Troubleshooting-small.pdf[/b][/url] (35.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Back