Logo

Cooling system question

capemaydiamond

Contributing Member
i have repowered my 31' si

i have repowered my 31' silverton but i have forgotten how the cooling hoses are run. Is there anywhere i could find a diagram of how they are supposed to be routed?

"Raw water comes i through the

"Raw water comes i through the hull, should go through a strainer, then to the raw water pump. From the raw water pump, through the "U" cooler, From the "U" to the heat exchanger (depending on your exchanger) standing at the pully side of the engine, goes in the lower left side hole (not the large on on the bottom of the exchanger). Two hoses go from the back of the exchanger go to each riser/elbow.
Fresh water side is large hose from engine circulating pump to large opening on bottom of heat exchanger. Top front of heat exchanger to back of each exhaust manifold. Front of exhaust manifolds to thermostat housing.
No experience with v drives, but posting what they are will help someone else try to solve your issue."

"Depending upon the specific y

"Depending upon the specific year of the engines, some of the fittings may have moved around on the HX. Overall Rich's description should be more than adequate to get all the hoses renewed. Its been a while but I think the salt water lines from the HX to the elbows are the smallest ID hoses in the whole system."

"In my case, the raw water pum

"In my case, the raw water pump goes to the v-drive first. Then makes its way back thru the engine, HX and out. Mark is right, all of my hoses are 1 1/4 " except the exhaust elbows which are 1". Coolant hoses from the engine and to the HX are 2""

"thanks for the help guys that

"thanks for the help guys that is the way i have them run except the hose coming through the hull goes into one side of the v drive and out the other before going to the raw water pump, that is the way the boat was set up before i removed the original engines.when i bought the boat i immediately removed the engines and was not sure if that was the right way of doing things(raw water through the v drive?). i just want to make sure i get the hoses correct and not mix the raw and fresh systems."

Back