Logo

Volvo TAMD parts

hoke

Can anyone give me a idea if p

Can anyone give me a idea if parts are a available for a old 1982 TAMD-40A? These engines have 1500 hours & appear to run and sound perfect.They are in a 1983 Trawler I am thinking about buying! What is the life time hours expected on these engines?

"Jim,

I have two 40As I rem

"Jim,

I have two 40As I removed from my boat, neither runs, but should have some fairly good parts. Keep in touch...should you need something.
Bob"

Re: "Jim,

I have two 40As I rem

Bob, Do you still have your TAMDA's? Looking for a dipstick tube. You have serial #'s on them?

It looks like Volvo is lacking in product support once the units reach a certain age. I have a buddy with the same year Cummins engines (1986) as my TMD40s and he can still get parts for them.

Re: "Jim,

I have two 40As I rem

Sorry Guys,

I have had some problems and haven't been keeping up with everything, I still have those two TAMD 40As and just haven't been around to answer yall threads. Neither engine turns over anymore, but from what I understand it's no big thing. Diesel engines have sleved jugs and penterating oil will with some banging back and forth, eventually frees it up. Maybe not.
I am simi retired, but every now and then, get an offer to work...never around home, and usually not state side, but... I would love to get these engines gone. Like I said, they are not new, by any figure of the imagination. Two TAMD 40As, some missing stuff, but not too much, on a trailer, pullable with a truck or big car. Sell everything for three thousand. Firm, I don't have time ti dicker about condition, or pull any parts.

Bayou BobT

Back