Logo

30 Litre Mercruiser winterizing and drain system

gnelly

2000 Tahoe Q3 with 3.0 litre e

2000 Tahoe Q3 with 3.0 litre engine. I have religously winterized this engine until last year. (circumstances led to me just draining the block and heads with the new mercury drain system). I started the boat up and had no issues this summer.Other than it ran a little rough until i put some seafoam in the gas tank and used up old gas. I am thinking of just doing the same thing this season. Any thoughts? Last year was quite cold too...I am in New England

The benefit to filling the coo

The benefit to filling the cooling system w/ anti-freeze is that you minimize the corrosion opportunities by displacing most of the oxygen (in the air) in contact with the bare metal.

The pink stuf is not very anti

The pink stuf is not very anti-corrosive. There is a blue colored marine engine antifreeze that reduces corrosion.

Also put some Stabil and Seafo

Also put some Stabil and Seafoam in your tank before winterization and make sure your tank is full to reduce room for water to condense inside the tank.

"[b]"(circumstances le

""(circumstances led to me just draining the block and heads with the new mercury drain system)."

Ayuh,.... While I don't trust those draining Systems....

A Dry block is a Safe block,.... Air don't Freeze...
In freshwater,... Cast iron never gets past the Patina stage...."

"can anyone show me a diagram

"can anyone show me a diagram on , how to winterize a 165 hp. mercruiser 1985 thanks"

Back