Logo

M70a2 problem acts like its out of gas but its not

ggraybluefrank

I have a tohatsu M70A2 its an

I have a tohatsu M70A2 its an older (around1987or 1989) 70 hp 2 cycle it seems to run fine when I take it out and then when I start back and give it full trottle its fine at first but then it acts like its running out of gas it dies down low then picks back up then dies down again over and over if I let off the thottle take it down to idle it sits there still running but making a chirping sound like a hicup type sound then it cuts off and is hard to start again but it will start back up after a while I was hoping some one could give me an idea of what could be wrong

Ok Thank you for the info I pl

Ok Thank you for the info I plan to check the whole feul line from tank to motor but I dont have a service manual I just got the boat from a friend I know I probly cant get parts for it I got the whole boat motor and trailer dirt cheap he never had a problem with it it seems like it all started when water got in the gas tank real bad and got in the moter I think I got all the water out of the carbs and bowl and lines I thought it might be sucking air ?? I was wondering if you could elaborete on the ignition problem as in what sort of things to look for I really dont want to put much money into a motor I cant get parts for and need to try to fix it my self Im pretty mechanicly inclined are we talking coilpack or wiring or ??????? again thank you so much for your help this is my first boat

Back