Logo

SimpsonSears Limited 7hp outboard motor

motoxxx142

"I have a Simpson-Sears limite

"I have a Simpson-Sears limited outboard motor serial number 168989. I was wondering where I could find a service manual or an owners manual so I could get the info on it (year, service/maintenance procedures, etc.). The motor doesn't turn smoothly (to steer the boat) so I want to lube it up. Any recommendations?"

"Matt, you have two strikes ag

"Matt, you have two strikes against your motor in search for a service manual in particular.

Simpson-Sears was the Canadian arm of Sears many years back. It went out of business so no help from them.

Second, the 7 horse motors they sold were built by ESKA who has been out of business since 1987. That generally wasn't a problem since the actual powerhead itself was built by Tecumseh.

But alas, Tecumseh was bought out last year so the future of vintage parts is now in question (although the new owners have said they would support legacy products - at least that was their story in the original press release).

Sorry, can't give you a model year from the serial - have no records for those models by serial - if you can find a "model number", I can look it up - in general, the 7 horse was built between about 1971 and 1976.

You can contact www.discount-marine-parts.com - they sell copies of original manuals for most of the small, vintage motors and may be able to help you out with what you are after..."

need to know what size motor i

need to know what size motor i have as well as the problem i m having no fire #574-59660 2cyl mix is all he told me when i bought this please help first small motor

Back