Logo

Bay liner 1991 with 70 force engine

jim_wbel

"Tilt does not work. Boat mod

"Tilt does not work. Boat model # 706x91c Tilt stopped working, worked for a moment, and stopped for good. There is power coming out of the small black boxes that go to the motor/pump."

"Jump the power right from the

"Jump the power right from the battery to the motor - if it don't move and you get no sound, you could have a toasted pump.

If it makes noise (running) and nothing happens, you could be out of fluid, have a blown seal somewhere or a seized ram.

But first things first - confirm the pump works and then work outwards from there..."

"Hey Jim, sounds like a proble

"Hey Jim, sounds like a problem Iv'e had in the past. The small black boxes are your trim relay switches. They probably need replacing. They are'nt too expensive. you might even try an auto parts store like napa. In the mean time,what worked for me is if you have someone else on the boat with you,you can turn on the ignition switch and have them hold the tilt switch either up or down (depending on what position the motor needs to go) while you Jiggle or Put a little sideways Pressure on the relay switches till you figure out which switch is up and which is down. This will work if you happen to be stuck at the launch ramp trying to go home but you really need to replace the switches so that you can trim your motor while underway on the water. Remember, "Where theres a will, theres a Wake" Good Luck"

"I had the same issue with min

"I had the same issue with mine. I had continuity thru the trim motor, could connect straight to a good battery, and it would rotate, but I could grab the drive key with my hand and stop it. It would not lift or lower my engine. I got a new trim motor, problem solved."

Back