Logo

1988 sun runner 235 classic aq211a exhaust manifold

tanker2221

"ok so today i pulled the bras

"ok so today i pulled the brass plugs on the back of the exhaust manifolds to drain water out , port side lots of water came out starbord side just dribbled soi stuck my finger in the hole and its blocked with sand. i know u should replace these but my question is can this manifild be boiled out or somthing ? or is replacement inevitable?
also have a 290a duo prop b4 props does anyone know of the prop cone tool?"

"Exhaust manifolds and risers

"Exhaust manifolds and risers can be boiled, but the results are not always satisfactory. Many times, you will find that they start leaking after being boiled if there is not much material left.

Check the price of aftermarket manifolds and risers, then decide if it is worth the cost of boiling your current manifolds/risers and taking the risk of having to buy a new set if the results are not satisfactory..."

"1988 mans may be replacements

"1988 mans may be replacements by now. Sand only debris may not be an issue as long as you remove it and they can flow freely.
I'd clean them out and have them pressure tested.

As for the prop cone nut tool.... I have twin DP's and I work on these drives....... I do not even own one of these silly tools.
IMO, you'd be better off to use your socket set, channel lock pliers (large FWD prop nut) and a long # 3 phillips screw driver (cone nut). These items will likely be O/B anyway.
Why clutter up with an unnecessary tool?
"

"not too sound stupid but how

"not too sound stupid but how do i get the cone off with a skrewdriver , i can see doing that on my old boat with a 275 drive it had a hole through the cone to put the screwdriver but my new bot with the dp290 drive the cone has no hole to put a screwdriver through"

"If this is a 290a duo prop us

"If this is a 290a duo prop using b4 props, it is an AQ series drive.
The cone nut should have a place for a shaft like object (a nice long # 3 philip) to go through and turn it (once the lock bolt has been released).
That is how the silly Volvo tool does it. "

"ricardo i kno exactly what u

"ricardo i kno exactly what u mean my 275 was set up that wat , but this 290a isint . i tried taking pics but they say are too big"

"Well, if the AFT prop uses a

"Well, if the AFT prop uses a Cone Nut w/ a locking bolt, then the cone nut will either have a complete hole for the tool, or will have two notches for the same tool.
I do not recall seeing an AQ series Duo Prop cone nut that did not offer this.

Click on my user name and it will give my email address. Send the pictures to me.

."

Back