Logo

Pressurized hotcold water system to Perkins 4108

garyj

"Recently installed a water sy

"Recently installed a water system in my Yorktown 33. Question: where do I attach the hot water tank hose to the engine? I'm aware it must be tied into the heat exchanger, but where, fittings are non existent.
Would appreciate some feed back as I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience this issue."

"G'day Gary.

"G'day Gary.
4.108s have been marinized by various companies using different coolers ect so to give exact details is not possible, you may have to alter or fabricate bits to fit the plumbing; Remember hot water comes out of engine at highest point cold goes in at lowest. Cheers Shakey."

"My hot water tank takes its w

"My hot water tank takes its water from the front of the engine very near the water pump, not from the rear /heat exchanger. Someone just simply put a 'T' in the hose to divert of some of the hot engine water into the water heater."

Re: "My hot water tank takes its w

"My hot water tank takes its water from the front of the engine very near the water pump, not from the rear /heat exchanger. Someone just simply put a 'T' in the hose to divert of some of the hot engine water into the water heater."

Where is the return from the water heater connected?

Back