Logo

Need to ID this Interceptor engine

haulnlpgas

"I have a pair of FE ford mari

"I have a pair of FE ford marine engines that I am trying to figure out what they are. They are complete with exhaust manifolds, drives, and props. The chrome valve cover says "Trojan Interceptor" and another decal says " firing order oposite rotation RH 1-8-7-3-6-2-4-5" I think it also said 250 hp. I beleive they are 352"s but not sure. Also interested in selling them but not sure what they are worth. They were taken out of a boat many years ago and have been stored indoors ever since. Any help would be great. thanks"

"I've been facing the same

"I've been facing the same problem. Based on the 250 HP on the valve cover, I would say they are a 352. The Interceptor 390's I've seen in manuals were 285 or 300 HP. The 352's have been 240 or 250 hp.

It seems that the sure way to tell is by removing a head and measuring the stroke. Although someone told me just today that the 390s had a dampner and the 352s did not."

Re: "I've been facing the same

Hello hope you guys are still out thare iv got Fe 300 hp intercepters in a trojan 1968 if you look at the sides of the block just above the oil pan and see 3 bolt heads you have 427 Fe s if not thay are probley 390 Fe s and if the hp you say is 250 hp if you see that 352 number on the left side of the block its no help cuz just about all Fe s have it including the 427 s a ez to find book that can help is ford engine parts interchange that you can get at most auto parts stores thay also made a 406 and 410 .hope that helps a bit if you already know what you have and still have them let me know and how much I may be interrested.

Re: "I have a pair of FE ford mari

Well I'm not selling my 427 I'm looking for more mine are well used I was just trying to give out some info if I can help let me know I have info on them and have a pair in a old trojan.

Back