Logo

BF40A Throttle Idle Set Screw

ridiver

"I just acquired a used Honda

"I just acquired a used Honda BF40A. The idle set screw would not turn, but I was able to get it out with vicegrips. Examination under a microscope shows the upper threads dorked up.

Does anyone have the part number and/or screw size to order a replacement set screw from Honda, or elsewhere? I assume it is metric, and appears to be a SS pan-head phillips. My caliper measurements show it to be 0.152" diameter (3.86 mm) to the outer threads, 0.193"/10 threads (0.5 mm pitch), and 0.550" (14 mm) length. That would make it a non-standard fine-pitch thread. On McMaster-Carr, I can get a 3mm diameteter with 0.5 mm pitch or a 3.5 mm diameter with 0.6 mm pitch. But no 3.5 mm diameter with 0.5 mm pitch."

"Just buy the screw set (1

"Just buy the screw set (16028-ZV3-000) for about $8.00 and be done with it.

I can not find specs on it. Any listing I have is for the set (screw and spring)

If you can not find one locally, e mail me. We have 3 in stock. We can just stick it in an envelope and mail it."

Thanks for the part numbers an

Thanks for the part numbers and link to the Honda catalog. I was able to find the parts there and order them. The parts I found are exactly as mike (hondadude) specified. Thanks!

Back