Logo

Help with Honda BF2D 2HP motor

spesce

"I have a BF2D 2-hp Honda on m

"I have a BF2D 2-hp Honda on my 21' Hobie Cat. I flipped the boat the other day and the motor stayed dry, but was inverted for about 30 minutes before we got it upright. We then sailed to the beach. took down thr sails and cranked motor to load onto trailer. The enginer was a little harder to start, but eventually started. When we took off even though I rev's the engine the propellor barely turned and we could not use the motor. The cotter pin and shear pin are good. It seems like the clutch is slipping. Thoughts???What should I check first? Please help with your ideas."

"Steve, I guess my earlier pos

"Steve, I guess my earlier post didn't make it.

As you can see from the thread I started a few weeks ago regarding my Honda 2, I just finished repairing it. The Honda manual is available online in a downloadable format (an English site) or on E-Bay as a disk. MUCH better than the Seloc manual which I thought was a huge waste of money.

I think you are right that the clutch was affected. You need to disconnect a bunch of things inside the cowling and take off the engine (4 bolts at the bottom. 2 sides to the clutch - the part that comes off with the engine, and the pieces that stay in the housing with the shaft. Take apart and view.

Good Luck."

Back