Logo

Did I make a mistake buying a Tohatsu

dougm

"Great Site, What a great ser

"Great Site, What a great service Tohatsu Guru provides. Had I known, I certainly would have bought my outboard from his company. I bought a 4 hp Tohatsu online about 2 weeks ago. Ran fine for the first 3 hours but then it would not idle. It has been in the shop now for 4 days and of course the shop will not give me the courtesy of giving me an estimate of how long it will be. Very,very frustrating. Please humor me and tell me this is very unusual and after it gets fixed it should be trouble free for years."

"It is very unusual and after

"It is very unusual and after it gets fixed it should be trouble free for years. Feel better?

Chances are you have trash or water in your fuel and that is what has caused the idle problem. But, it could be anything from the idle being set too low to an actual defective part of some kind."

Thank you my friend. Yes that

Thank you my friend. Yes that does make me feel better. You have given me more of your time than the company that took my $1075 about 2 weeks ago. Thank you again.

The key to using modern small

The key to using modern small outboards is:

Fresh fuel
Running the carb dry at the end of each day day
Storing fuel in an area where it will NOT get condensation in the fuel.

"I got my motor back from the

"I got my motor back from the dealer after one week. I had to endure a couple of snarky comments about buying online and it was clear they had no idea what the mechanic did to fix it. They also said if Tohatsu didn't reimburse them they were sending me a bill for $75.00. Funny how a business can treat customers so poorly and yet remain in business year after year. Anyway, I just took the boat out for an hour and the motor ran great. Thanks again."

""Snarky" [img][/img]

""Snarky"
It is am odd thing how a dealer will bitch about you not buying something from them, thereby reinforcing your decision that you would have been making a mistake buying from them to begin with. Every Nissan or Tohatsu dealer can match an "online price", including the sales tax. We all pay within 3% of each other
"

Back