Logo

502 81 Computer Module

johnpapa

Can someone tell me where the

Can someone tell me where the computer module is on a 2004 8.1? Is it under the triangular plastic cover on the top? One of my twins is running poorly and I have exausted all of the fuel issues. Thought I would switch modules to see what happens. Thanks.

"John:

Remove the cover and

"John:

Remove the cover and follow the wiring harnesses to the ends. The computer should be next to a handful of relays, all mounted on the same bracket.

You may find the stuff on crusader's www site of benefit - parts manual for one.

Possible but not likely the computer is bad. Usually it is an sensor or the interconnects between it and the computer. Swapping sensors between engines is one way to find the bad guys but not the most efficient use of time. A code reader (scanner tool) will help tremendously."

"An 8.1 is not the same as a 5

"An 8.1 is not the same as a 502, don't confuse the two or you'll end up with parts that don't fit. Yes, it's under the plastic cover by the rear lifting eye.

Good luck,
Rick"

Thanks. I have been told by C

Thanks. I have been told by Crusader that my fuel rails may be corroded clogging injectors. They say this is a common problem with this year motor.

Back