Logo

Temperature Guage Not Responding

captainjoeluke

I have Twin 5.7L EFI's. T

I have Twin 5.7L EFI's. The port engine temperature guage does not read. Sometimes it spikes then dumps immediately. I jumped the Starboard engine to the port wiring and guage and the wiring and guage worked fine. The port engine did not work with the Starboard wiring and guage. I changed the thermostat and sending unit and it still does not work. I am stumped on where to go from here?

"well, since you jumped the st

"well, since you jumped the starboard to port and it worked, the problem is with the sender. Did you put anything on the threads when you installed it ? I hope not.. Also on the EFI there are 2 senders, well 1 is a sender the other is a switch. the sender goes to the gauge, with the engine off and key on, touch the wire to ground if the gauge pegs you're good. The other sender/switch on the port side, tells the warning system the engine is overheating."

"Like I said I jumped guages a

"Like I said I jumped guages across engines and the wiring and guage work fine. As far as grounding the sensor, I even tried grounding the sensor housing with an clip and wire to the engine block. Same result, no signal to guage. I also tried two new sending units from different dealers, I doubt if they are all faulty?"

A sender can't detect wate

A sender can't detect water temp if there is not direct contact w/it. Is there water getting to it? Loosen the sender w/the engine running to see if water comes out. May need a new impeller or manifold cleaned.

Back