Logo

Stalling

reel_basstards

"Hi guys ,need help with engin

"Hi guys ,need help with engine stalling as soon as it goes into gear. It only happens when the boat is in the water.Its works fine when not under any torque. When the boat is cold it starts right up,but when it gets to operating temp and shut it off it will not start unless you wait for a while.I checked spark everywhere and its fine. I checked for fuel and it had good pressure right to the carb,and into the barrels.I have been told that it may be getting vapor locked or it may be the electronic ballast resistor overheating. The problem started after going forward and drifting back, then going forward and drifting back this went on several times until the boat finally stalled out. We got it running again but couldn't get it to go over 2000 RPM unless it was in neutral.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks"

"It sounds to me like a carb w

"It sounds to me like a carb with plugged idle circuits, or a bad vacuum leak.

The latter can be tested by spraying carb cleaner or ether around the carb and intake with the motor idling. (Be sure to have the hatches open!) If the motor picks up rpm, it has a leak. Be sure to avoid getting it inside the carb--that would only trick you.

If it's carb trouble, the only way to fix it is to remove and rebuild it.

Jeff"

Back