Logo

Nissan 70hp bogging

trotline

1989 70hp nissan. runs and idl

1989 70hp nissan. runs and idles and when we use the fast idle it runs fine but when you put it gear and go it will bogg down. it also serges when drivein. we barely choked it manualy and it runs fine. it seems like its not getting enough gas. replaced all gas lines and bypassed fuel pump. same thing. cleaned carbs. new spark plugs. nothing. did all the carb adjustment we could do but nothing made it better. when we let it idle then give it all it gots to go foward it goes real good then boggs down. it seems like carb fill up with gas then it burns it all out real quick. any suggestions. thanks...

You have a fuel system problem

You have a fuel system problem if manually choking the engine helps. You have to go through the system one section at a time until you find the problem.

thank you so much for your hel

thank you so much for your help. well i dont want to sound like a dummy but we done every thing we know to do. where do we start now. when we do choke it it is barely chokein it. i donk know anything else to do. thanks for the help.

"Its service manual time or ta

"Its service manual time or take it into a dealer. Due to the engines age and the fact that they do not make parts for that model engine anymore, I would caution you not to put any money into it. Think in terms of letting it go."

"You would be mistaken. Parts

"You would be mistaken. Parts have not been been manufactured for that model engine for almost ten years. So, if you need a lower unit, power head, parts for either, carburetors, etc, you are out of luck. If you need a prop nut, CD module, impeller, etc, those parts are still available from any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer.

The point is that spending money on an engine model that is 20 years old with extremely limited parts availability is pointless since whatever part you need tomorrow will not be able to be purchased."

Back