Logo

671 injector overhaul

achim

"I am living on an island in S

"I am living on an island in Spain, which although quite big, does only have one workshop which is able to repair and overhaul detroit diesel injectors. There I have been charged for the replacement of 6 plungers, 6 spray tips and the usual service kits (which in the US costs about 4 Dollars each)a total of 2,150 Dollars (two thousand one hundred and fifty !). According to my own estimate all parts needed for the overhaul of these 6 injectors cost about 300 Dollars. This is why I am considering to order the parts in the USA and do the overhaul myself. I guess the assembly of he injectors is a quite straight forward thing which does not need much special knowledge. I rather think that the problematic portion is the adjusting and timing, which is done after the injectors have been installed in the engine. But this I would have to do anyhow, whether the injectors had been assembled by myself or by the expensive diesel workshop. My question to the experts is therefore as follows: Is there anything which makes it impossible to dismantle and re-assemble the injectors without having special equipment or tools? Can it be done by simply observing what is said in the service manual? I would really appreciate to get some advise on this."

"ONLY TRY TO REBUILD IF NO OTH

"ONLY TRY TO REBUILD IF NO OTHER WAY.SUGESST YO BUY REBUILT ONES, HERE IS A STORE, PACIFIC POWER PRODUCTS,600 S 54TH PLACE.RIDGFIELD WASHINGTON, USA, PHONE#360 887 7400. HOPE THIS HELPS, MARVIN"

"Hi Jo Dee, here is my opinion

"Hi Jo Dee, here is my opinion: what we need in Europe is to put our resources together and once or twice a year have someone from US here to take care of our engines! we would probably save a lot of money, have a better service and make some US mechanic happy for some pleasant trips."

Back