Logo

Problems installing the Weber carb kit

medic_one

I got a GREAT deal on a Weber

I got a GREAT deal on a Weber carb with the 2845 Cannon intake manifold attached. When I went to do a quick little fit test I found that the exhaust manifold seems to be in the way. The intake ports are about 1/2 and inch from seating. Am I doing something wrong or have other had this problem?
Thanks -Z

I'm installing on an AQ130

I'm installing on an AQ130d which is the B20 block. I can't find any pictures on the web of an installation on this block. I've only seen pics of the B18/21 sland block. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has actually done this conversion with this block? Did you have to make a spacer?
Thanks

"Contact Weber, 800-733-2277 P

"Contact Weber, 800-733-2277 Press Option 3 I'm sure they can answer any question you might have."

"Thanks El. P!!! honestly in y

"Thanks El. P!!! honestly in your opinion, would that gain me any HP or advantage over the stock unit???"

"I haven't tried those kit

"I haven't tried those kits myself and I admit I was originally skeptical. However, the reviews posted on this forum by people who have installed those kits on their engines (Javier Cubero, Tom Storey, and others) are all positive. So I guess they work and they improve the way those 4 cylinder engines run."

"If your Solex carbs are in go

"If your Solex carbs are in good shape and are working well there is probably no advantage changing over; however, if your Solex carbs are causing you problems and frustration, the Weber is a great option."

"I'm not having any proble

"I'm not having any problems with my solex carb at all. It was re done last year.However, I was reading that this weber redline kit provides up to 21% increase in HP/torque and makes skiing and tubing easier because of quicker plane times. If this is all a hoax then I wouldn't spend the money.However if it improves my top end speed by a few MPH or more and gives me noticeable lower end power I may consider buying one. Please let me know If you have any experience. Thanks"

""...up to 21%....." m

""...up to 21%....." means anything from 0% to 21%. So technically there is no hoax there, just clever advertising
biggrin.gif
. Here is what I had to say over 2 years ago about the Webers. From that time, I can only rely on the testimonials from people who have installed those kits on their engines.

http://www.marineengine.com/discus/messages/12487/80897.shtml"

Back