Logo

225 Honda shakes turns off and will not start

jameverglades

"Just got an everglades with 2

"Just got an everglades with 2-225's (2006) an first time out one engine shakes and than turns off, started and idle for a second or two and than will not start at all, check the water separator and no sign of water. thinking about changing the fuel filters. Am I going in the right direction ? also the 100 hour check was done by Honda about 8 months ago.
I through Honda was a good outboard, had Yamaha's last boat with 500 hours and no problems. Did I make a big mistake and waste money?"

"Could be any number of things

"Could be any number of things. Inspect and clean the low pressure filters and drain the VST's into clear containers and see what's in there. That may solve your problem. You may need to drop the lower cowling, remove the VST and clean the high pressure filter.

Since those engines are under warranty, I would take them to the nearest Honda dealer and have them run the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) computer. That will likely tell you what the problem is.

Yes, they are good engines, just maintenance intensive, but not much different than the Yami 4-strokes."

Back