Logo

30 hp 4 stroke no start

transsender

"trying to start 30 hp after m

"trying to start 30 hp after many months inactive.
I get nothing--no crank, no green light, nada.

Battery shows charge."

"Simple things first - check t

"Simple things first - check that the safety lanyard is properly seated and gear shift is in neutral. If necessary, disconnect the kill switch.

If not those, verify you are getting fire at the spark plugs. If so, it's most likely a problem with gas/carboration."

"If I am understanding that th

"If I am understanding that there is no crank...
and since it has been sitting for a while.

1. Make sure that the battery cables are connected to the proper terminals on the battery. Also make sure they are tight (with a wrench) and clean.

2. If you mistakenly touched the cables on the battery incorrectly, the fuse on the motor will blow and there will be no cranking.

3. Check the fuse on the front of the engine. There should be a spare in the fuse cover.

4. Are you sure the battery is good and the connections are tight? Just because it has a little green light in the battery, it does not mean that it is good. Pull it out and change it with a known good one or at least take it to some place like Autozone, who will test it under a load.

You did not say if it is a tiller steering or remote. Was it stored outside or someplace where critters could have gotten into it and chewed up some of the wiring?

The good news is, the cranking circuit is not too difficult to troubleshoot if you have a test light or a meter."

Back