Logo

Need help please 1995 50 FL Volvo SXC1 outdrive

woods2641

"I am tring to remove the gimb

"I am tring to remove the gimbal ring and have everything loose except top where the steering arm bolts with 4 studs and a long center bolt in the middle. I have removed the 4 nuts & long bolt, and I still con not get the steering arm off so the gimbal ring can be removed. Can anyone help? Thanks for you time }}}"

"Jeff, you need a special pull

"Jeff, you need a special puller to remove the steering arm. If you don't have one, you may be able to make one with a thick washer and a bolt. Check page 30 (28) of the manual and you will see how the puller looks like so that you can improvise something that works.

http://dc101.4shared.com/download/50982625/e2bdb42c/SX_DP-S_Service_Manual.pdf

And please, do not open more than one thread for the same issue. I personally find that annoying, because sometimes you get answers on both threads and that makes a nightmare to follow what's going on. Keep in mind that if you don't get an answer at the beginning, it's probably because none of the forum contributors has one to offer or we are busy with other things (after all, we do not get paid for posting here). You can always bump your post to the top by posting again in your original thread. Thank you."

"EL Pescador, first of all I&#

"EL Pescador, first of all I'm sorry for posting twice on same topic. Second thank you very much for the idea & pic. I was able to remove the ring using a 9/16 X 18 bolt, nut & thick washer. Form your help it has already made my repair job and my day both get alot better! I now have this discussion forum saved to fav's and will keep checking to see if I can help one day. Thank you once again for your time, effort and help."

Back