Logo

BF 175 200 225 poor idle and stalling

fisho65

"I have recently come across a

"I have recently come across a rare instance of intermittant poor idle and occassional stalling when reducing revs back to low speeds. If you are/have experienced this concern, let me know, i may have the answer to your problem."

"I have a honda 75hp that is d

"I have a honda 75hp that is doing the same thing, runs fine full speed but pull it back to idle and it dies."

"Jon, I have a 2004 225 with

"Jon, I have a 2004 225 with a jet pump on it and if I dont reduce the rpms with a light touch then the motor dies. It has the programmed fuel injection. What is the fix for this problem or do I just continue to use the light touch? I recently had the new exhaust tubes put in my boat by an authorized dealer and they told me that my motor was idling very rough. They could not give me the reason why and I did not leave it with them to find the answer."

"G'day guys. The concern y

"G'day guys. The concern you have MAY be a blocked/restriced VST breather. As engine speed is reduced the air in the VST cannot escape fast enough to allow fuel flow into the VST, causing a lean off of fuel and hence a lean fuel supply. Trace the vent hose ( grey with red trace ) from the VST and down to the lower pan unit. Remove the hose and clear any obstruction ( usually salt ) from the hose and pan fitting.I use a piece of sturdy wire and compressd air to remove any obstruction. In the cases i have come across, this has been the cause of poor * return to idle * concerns. Let me know how you go. Jon."

Back