Logo

225 honda fuel flow

cqfisher

Hi Guys
My standard honda gua

Hi Guys
My standard honda guage shows how many ltr/hr when running where does it get the reading and is it accurate

thankyou

Scott

"I have found that particular

"I have found that particular function is fairly accurate, at least on my engine. It is the ratio of engine fuel usage over running time. On my engine the fuel usage is accurate - within 2-3 gallons on an 80 to 100 gallon fill up. You can easily test your own fuel usage accuracy by comparing gas consumption between fillups to what the meter reads. Running time is not easily checked because Honda only reports whole hours on the time meter (49.99 hours is reported as 49 hours.) So, assuming the running time measurement is accurate, the flow rate should be accurate.

What I have found is not accurate, is the miles/gal (or km/lt) function simply because the speed pitot tube pick-up off the front of the engine is highly inaccurate at lower speeds (under 20 mph.) No amount of cleaning has helped.

Also, the voltage reading on the digital gauge is not the same as the voltage coming off the alternator to the battery, so I use a seperate analog gauge to measure voltage at the battery. After several inquiries, it was explained to me that the voltage for the digital gauge comes off the ECM, and not directly from the alternator. On my set up, the digital gauge reads 0.8 volts lower than the voltage coming off the alternator."

Back