Logo

50 GL wont run all the timeIs it spose to beep when key is turned to on

kyle916

"where to start...okay I have

"where to start...okay I have a 2002 Reinell 205 with 5.0 gl Volvo I/0, Carb, black engine....I used it all summer with no problems until a few weeks ago it started stalling about once everytime I went out when I was pulling somebody wakeboarding but then it started up fine. Everyweek I went it started to stall more like 3 times a day. So I put sea foam in the tank. I just put new gas in it and I went through about 6 tanks this summer so bad fuel isnt a problem and I just replaced the fuel/water filter. 2 weeks ago when I was out at the lake the boat ran ok all day just stalled twice and it didnt want to start for awhile and finally it started up and I started coming in and it stalled (When I say stall I mean I am cruising and all of a sudden it shuts off) and it didnt want start so I got towed in...So the mechanic guy said get a fuel pump since we have never replaced it, so we replaced it and it started up fine and ran smooth. So the other day I started it up before I went out and it ran good, got to the lake started right up then parked it on lake for 1 hr then started it and made a 10 min cruise and I was coming to a idle and it died and it didnt want to start so had to get towed again... Its close to starting but wont fire. The batterey is new and fully charged I have a trickle charge to it...Im gonna see if it will start again tomorrow...tried starting it again and it wouldnt run.. but i noticed when I turn the key to the on positon it just beeps once, arent they spose to keep beeping? So when I keep the key turned to the start position it runs but once I release it back to the on postion it turns off... so what the heck?"

Back