Logo

Sears Gamefisher 1987 99hp

bobbyw

"Hope someone can help,
We go

"Hope someone can help,
We got this motor 2 years ago, bran new in the box.
Ran great until this summer, the pull cord broke, when I took it apart to restring it I found that a small pulley the cord passes around before the spool was broken and that tore up the cord. I cant find this little pulley anywhere, the motor has been at a shop in St.Germain,WI since July4th.
I plan to pick it up next month when I'm there and fix it but I need to find the part first.
It is a Sears model #225.587991 that I believe was built by Force. Sears and MarineParts have parts listed for it but I don't see that pulley. I think this design was only used in 86-87 so that may be the big problem. Any advice or links would be great, I have searched just about everywhere.

Thanks
Bob W."

"Try the chrysler parts guys,

"Try the chrysler parts guys, that pulley was in all those little motors, but most broke and ran "hard" on the shaft. That starter spring can be a bugger to load with out the secret tool. It has to wind back ward with out the cross pin, then the pin must be put in and a cinch bolt screwed down on it. If the spring is buggared up- there is no cure- same with the bottom spring seat. Many of those are started with the knot in the rope and wrapped round the fly wheel- as the parts are getting hard to get - particularly that pop up gear. So--- engage the gear first- then pull the motor over!!!"

Back