Logo

Injector Removal Yanmar 3GM

lancer36

"On recently purchased boat, I

"On recently purchased boat, I wanted to do an initial service on the motor and because of the high hours I wanted to pull the injectors and have them tested and rebuilt...two out of the three injectors came out easily, however the third is stuck. So far I have used liberal amounts of PB Blaster, WD-40 and so on and managed to unscrew the top portion of the injector but the rest remains stuck. I made a socket and tried to rotate the remaining part with no luck. Any ideas? I really don't want to have to pull the head if I don't have to. Thanks for any thoughts."

a slide hammer is called for.

a slide hammer is called for. It screws onto the injector with a hammer weight that slides away from the injector against a stop hopefuly breaking it loose.

"G'day Mel,
As y

"G'day Mel,
As you have found out they can be proper sods to remove at times. I use the torture method first screw the unit back togther nice and tight remove the holding down studs clean out the relief around the injector to head add wd 40, arm your self with a solid brass drift and club hammer then give it a flogging now and then try turning injector with a spanner.You will need to have patience some times i have had to do about 1hr each day over a couple of days the wd40 finally gets thru.Best of Luck, Shakey.

PS. aim your attack at holder btm close to head."

"Thanks for your input guys!

"Thanks for your input guys! I made a combination puller and slide hammer and it worked great.
294418.jpg
Tool

Back