Logo

Honda 200 rpm reduction

hurricane

"Hi Guys, I'm new to this

"Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and from what I've read so far, there's some bright tech's here. Here's my problem-

Twin 200's that run fine in calm water. When the boat starts to hop waves in the rough stuff then I'll get a "check engine" light, a warning horn, and a rpm reduction. The only way to return the engine to normal function is to turn key off. It was only happening on one motor but now both are doing it. The o2 sensors were replaced about 2 years ago and the motors have 400 hours 2004 models. There are no stored codes that I can retrieve using the mil light. The impellers are in good shape. Oil pressure?"

"If low oil pressure you shoul

"If low oil pressure you should get a MIL code for that. It's likely your HO2 sensors again. Have those 200's been modified with the exhaust tube fix? If not, send me an email at [email protected], and I will send you Honda Service Bulletin #56 which covers the problem. You may still be covered under that warranty."

"When there is low or high oil

"When there is low or high oil pressure, there are no lights (including the oil light). It does sound an alarm and will reduce speed.

I agree with W D. The symptoms are just like in the Service Bulletin regarding Oxygen Sensors."

"I'll try this post again-

"I'll try this post again-
I thought only temp and oil pressure problems could put these motors into a rpm reduction mode? not a bad o2 sensor. I tried the email but it kept coming back. Maybe someone could send me this #56 bulletin to [email protected]
Thanks for the help."

Back