Logo

AQ130D hesitation between 20003000 RPM

toma1955

"Hi Folks,
Not sure what is g

"Hi Folks,
Not sure what is going on, my AQ130D engine runs fine at idle speed, trolling speed and WOT. But when cruising around 2000-3000 RPM I get a little bit of hesitation. Its random, and not always consistence, it drives the wakeboarders behind me crazy. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks, Tom"

"It could be anything in the i

"It could be anything in the ignition system: a faulty ignition switch, a faulty spark plug, sticky/dirty/pitted points (that is, if you haven't converted to Pertronix or Hot Spark electronic ignition by now
biggrin.gif
), faulty distributor, faulty ignition wire, rusty/loose electrical connections, etc.

When was the last time the engine was tuned-up and spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, etc replaced?"

"I did a tuneup at the beginni

"I did a tuneup at the beginning of the year, and I am using Hot Spark electronic ignition. So you think that it is electronic related and not gas related? I'll go through the electronics when I get home. Thanks, Tom"

"Tom, if the problem did happe

"Tom, if the problem did happen during acceleration only, I would suspect the accelerator pump. And if it was fuel related, I would expect it to get worse at higher RPM. Since it only seems to happen when you are cruising at 2000-3000 RPM, I would suspect the problem being ignition related. Just keep in mind I could be wrong."

Back