Logo

BAD ECM CM350 HT XLI bummer

ttken

"Found out my ECM was bad on m

"Found out my ECM was bad on my port engine. The check engine light and buzzer failed to come on. Engine turned over and sparked but fuel pump relay did not energize. I switched ECM with the starboard engine one and it fires up no issue.

Question:
Anyone have a used one? Part # 47048
If I buy an Marine AC Delco one, do I have to reprogram it? What do I need? Anyone know where to get acheap one?

BTW
I found out it was not working after I loaded the boat and had everyone on board. May still head out on one engine but its a pain backing in."

"EJ - That link is to an old T

"EJ - That link is to an old Thunderbolt IV ignition module....the title of the ad isn't really accurate.

This appears to be the desired ECU, which is a MEFI-1 version:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/mercruiser-7-4-mpi-mefi-1-ecu_W0QQitemZ1903349299 23QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBoat_Parts_Accessories_Gear?hash=item2c50d88c03&_trksid=p45 06.c0.m245

Versions 1-3 all have 32 pin connectors, its their orientation that distinguishes them. the 1 & 2 versions have their pins parallel to the circuit board. Version 3 has the connector pins perpendicular to the board.

As far as the programming goes, I'm sure each OEM has it's own tailored version of what comes from Delphi. That said, I bet it is close enough to work."

Back