Logo

Prop Hub Slippage

fdefinis

"Is it possible to have partia

"Is it possible to have partial slippage in the prop hubs? When I get my engines running above 3200 rpm or so, the engines rev up but the boat acts like it is either getting cavitation/ventilation or there is some slipping somewhere. Up to that point, everything is fine.
Thanks."

"Yep, I had the exact same pro

"Yep, I had the exact same problem. Mine is the Flo-Torque style hub. To test my theory. I removed it, wrapped a layer of duct tape around it and snugger her back in. Took the boat out and the problem went away. So, I replaced it, and everything has worked well since."

Had a similar problem earlier

Had a similar problem earlier in this season. Runs fine until 2800 rpm then cavitation. We assume it was brush on the drive as it went a way when marina service took it out to test. We don't have a lift so we don't take the boat out when not in use. Problem has not returned. It was right after heavy rains with a lot of trash in the lake.

mark is correct i learned firs

mark is correct i learned first hand about the brush getting stuck in the outdrive i was out on a trashy day and picked up a small tree and it would barely do 5mph so i just cruised about 12 miles tryin to limp back to the dock and finaly got frustrated and lifted the outdrive and my son found the tree lol

"Same thing happens with seawe

"Same thing happens with seaweed on the prop.
When there is a lot of weed in the bay, anytime the engine slows, I just slow the boat down to a dead stop and then gently shift into reverse. 9 times out of 10 this will cause the weed to shed off the prop on the first or second try."

Back