Logo

Just checking in

smchaplin

Regular Contributor
Hey guys just wanted to check

Hey guys just wanted to check in and let ya know i survived the boating season. well lets start by saying boating went well but i fell back in aug the 4th and bummed up my knee and ankle well after a visit to the ER they said it was just a bad sprain on the ankle well ok but i felt different so in the meantime i go to fort jackson s.c. for my sons basic training graduation with this sore as h-ll ankle so when i returned from s.c. i made a appt with a foot and ankle doctor who tells me that my foot is well ankle is broke yes broke 5 weeks later mind you im in a cast and there saying if it dont heal right im gonna have to have surgery and this could have all been avoided if the idiots at the ER read the xrays right so if i have to have pins in my ankle then i hope the radiologist has his malpractice paid anyways hope everyone had a good summer

steve

"Dang Steve what a way to ruin

"Dang Steve what a way to ruin your boating season! I feel your pain, I had knee surgery last october and spent all winter rehabbing it so I wouldn't feel uneasy about getting in and out of my boat this summer. I heard a lot of stories about guys twisting their knees getting in and out of their boats. Of course they are a lot older than me and it sounded like alcohol had something to do with it as well! Well get better there is always next year."

"Re: "twisting knees"

"Re: "twisting knees" in boats..

Some many years ago I tore the cartiledge in my right knee "twisting" my knee on my boat. I was 35 at the time and stone cold sober. Since then I've dinged it twice more, though with waaay less damage.

Lesson... knee joints are not designed to twist. I'm VERY careful these days how I "plant" my foot before swinging my butt."

Back