Logo

New old Suzuki 115

island

"I just picked up a used 115.

"I just picked up a used 115. The rumor is that it ran great when it was parked, sound familiar?, didn't they all? The boat that it is hanging off is a mess and is already sold to a friend. I have about a week to check out this motor. The plan is to use this motor on my house boat. I am looking for the steps I should take to asses the condition before I have to part with the boat. All suggestions will be welcome."

Hello !
I realy hope to get a

Hello !
I realy hope to get an answer for what's make the differense beetween Suzuki DT25C and a Suzuki DT30C ?
I hope there is someone out there who can give me an answer.

"Check compression, drain carb

"Check compression, drain carb bowls, drain check and refill the lower unit oil. Make sure it has no water in it. If its milky and rusty in color you got water getting past the prop seals. Just make sure that when you refill the lower unit oil just shift into forward and reverse with no problems. If motor has been sitting up then replace fuel pump diaphrams and you might have to rebuild carbs if draining the bowls does not get it. Make sure it pumps a strong consistent water stream with no buzzers or warnings or rpm loss. Change fuel filter clean/blow out oil and fuel lines. If you are keeping the oil injection system in tact drain it clean it and blow it out and only use suzuki oil. Any more let me know."

"Thanks Much I have gotten thr

"Thanks Much I have gotten through most of those items. I dont seem to have spark. Checked by trying to see a spark jump from wire to plug, nothing and tryed pulling a plug and seeing if there was spark, nothing. Is there a most likely cause for lack of spark? Also, where are the model numbers on these so I can find out the year this was built."

model number should be on the

model number should be on the right hand side of mounting plate. go to browns point marine they have last 4 or 5 didgets of the model number that you should be able to match to find the year. also no spark could be a bad cdi or bad engine harness.
hope this helps.

im not to sure on that but i d

im not to sure on that but i do know that if you find the year you can get a repair manual and it will give you test sequinces to follow. plus repair manuals are great to have around they help alot!!!

"Thank You, Just ordered a Man

"Thank You, Just ordered a Manual, I should see it next week.
Got it to spark. found out that the safety cut-off switch on the control box was faulty.

New problem> Now that it has fire, Is it normal that it blows mud out of the propeller hub? I didn't think so. I have now cleaned it out.

So when running a motor out of the water with muffs and a water hose: should water come out of the hub when the motor is not running.

Here is what I see , Motor off, Water hose on. there is little or no water coming from the hub (propeller hub), there is water coming out of a small hole on eithor side of the lower unit, under the fin. there is no water coming out of the pee hole.

I would like to finish checking out the power head before spending the time and money on the impeller. My reasioning is this I have not paid for this motor yet and would like to find out as much about it before making the commitment."

Back