Logo

2003 honda 130 hp Compression

flipper1

Does anyone know the compressi

Does anyone know the compression values for a 2003 honda 130 four stroke? I'm looking to purchase one and just wanted to know if anyone had any history with them good or bad. Thanks Craig

"199-228 psi. Compression sho

"199-228 psi. Compression should be taken with the throttle in the full throttle only position.
Be sure to remove the safety lanyard to suppress the spark.

The 130 is a good solid engine that did have some issues early. I highly recommend having a Honda dealer check it out. If you are buying it from a Honda Dealer, ask for a copy of the past warranty work, which can be downloaded by any Honda Dealer using the serial number.

We have sold many to regular customers as well as commercial fisherman/guides. Have run into very few problems unless they were not properly maintained.

Of course I am looking at it from a dealer point of view.

Just get it checked out. Also, be sure to take it on a sea trial before you purchase.

Beware of the "good deal"."

Thanks Mike for the info. I h

Thanks Mike for the info. I heard that early on that some of the blocks cracked. Do you know the location of the cracks? Was that problem rectified in later years?

"The cracks were in the head.

"The cracks were in the head. One of the places was the water passage. Yes, the problem was rectified in later years. The warranty on the head and or block for these cracks was extended for 10 years from the original purchase on engines in the affected serial number range. It is passed on to subsequent buyers."

Back