Logo

Question about Yamaha sterndrive

i recently purchsed a boat wit

i recently purchsed a boat with a YEMS stern drive. After taking it out a couple of times it will not shift back into neutral. The shifter goes back but does not disengage iut if foward or reverse. Someone told me it was in the lower unit. Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

"If the engine isn't stall

"If the engine isn't stalling to allow the gears to disengage, then its not operating correctly. Sounds like someone has disconnected the shift interuppt switch in order to sell the boat. Starboard riser is the shift plate, switch locted on plate with two wires coming out of it, are they connected?"

"I took it to mechanic the oth

"I took it to mechanic the other day. After the drive was taken off it turned out to be something with the Remoe Controll Bracket from what I was told. The problem now is getting the part, nobody seems to caryy it and the part number does not come up antwhere. I happen to find someone in LI who I order it from and should have it this week sometime. It is 9 dollar part and I have been out of the water for almost a monthnow. Very frustrating.

Thank you for your help."

"Capt Ken... I was the one wh

"Capt Ken... I was the one who Emailed this past week about it, I finally found it. Thank you for your time. These were not very popular stern drives I guess."

Back