Logo

1982 Honda B100S IGN Module CDI Unit

hook

"I have looked all over the co

"I have looked all over the country for this part!
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/honda/H-30580-881-734.html

They don't even make the replacement part which this is for this motor. My mechanic can't find it, our Honda dealers are searching all over, used boat motor parts dealers, websites like boats.net....

Nothing, I called boats.net before I ordered to make sure they had the part. They didn't and couldn't get it. I would take it down but it's good for informational purposes I guess. Any help appreciated. It's got 9 wires from from the rectangular box (7 from one group/2 from the other)! Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Forgot to mention it was for the VIN# B100S-1400001 models!"

"With a very sharp needle and

"With a very sharp needle and your OHM Meter, check each of those nine wires for continuity with the needle close to the box.

On mine, there were three wires that had broken down inside the insulation and caused intermintent operation. I soldered in new wires and sealed all the needle holes with Liquid Lectral Tape.

There are eBay Sellers who 'part-out' old Honda (etc.) outboards and may be able to sell you a used one."

Just test it from beginning of

Just test it from beginning of each wire as close to the the edge of the black box to the ends of each wire for a pulse? I'm no electrician but we've got a killer OHM meter at work!

Thanks for replying by the way!

"Yes, the wires should be near

"Yes, the wires should be near zero Resistance or about the same as touching the two leads from the OHM Meter togather.

Withe the needle in center of the lead near the 'box' and the other lead at the end of the wire, move the wire and see if there is a change in Resistance."

Back