Logo

570 with DP tilts up to 43 in reverse

djl

"No matter how gently I use th

"No matter how gently I use the throttle in reverse, the drive kicks up and shows 43 on the tilt indicator. Is this normal? If not, please tell me what you think the problem might be."

"No..... not normal and you sh

"No..... not normal and you should avoid allowing the drive to kick up like that!

Your 570 is likely using the SS swing bracket (for the cylinder attachment) and has the reverse latch unit.
Either the lift/return spring (p/n 832534) is broken, or the "latch hooks" (p/n's 814392 & 814393) are worn at the tips.
It is generally a fairly simple fix, but must be done before you damage something. IMO.

I don't find a 570 on the MarinePartsEurope.com site! I do find a 571A, 500A and 501A.
Here is a schematic of the 500A..... it should be very close to your drive if your cylinders attach to a SS Swing bracket as shown here.

,,2500.aspx,http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/volvo-penta-explodedview-7745640-04C-04C,,,2500.aspx

If the Rev Latch unit is all gummed up and is not free to rotate, this may also contribute to the problem.

."

Back