Logo

92 74L mercruiser waterfuel pump question

water_kid2365

"I recently changed the impell

"I recently changed the impeller on my water pump. the fuel/water pump are onconnected unit on this motor. When i did so, most of the fuel drianed out of the pump which i think is pretty normal. Now that its put back together the engine cranks over but is not getting any fuel. Does this need to be primed to get it to run again or should it pressureize on its own?"

"[b]"or should it pressure

""or should it pressureize on its own?"

Ayuh,... It Should,... Do you have a fuel Restriction going on somewhere,..??"

Not that i know of.it ran fine

Not that i know of.it ran fine the last time i had it out. I was told to make sure the fuel filter was full of fuel to make sure it can create a vacum

"Had similar problem after I b

"Had similar problem after I brought my SeaRay 270 with the 7.4L motor.
The previous owner had had 3 exhaust valves rusted open and the motor had sat for over 12 months in a dismantled state.
I used a hand held hand fuel pump, the one that you use to pump fuel from a can into things like the lawn mower, and connected it to the metal fuel line after disconnecting at the cab and gently sucked the fuel thru from the tank and then reconnected the line back to the cab. I thought maybe the check valves may have stuck a little after sitting so long in a dry state.
Have run around 30 hrs since and not had any problems since."

Back