Logo

DD 671 TI JT coolant in oil

capt_mac

"Any advise or comments concer

"Any advise or comments concerning remedy or areas to test for the following problem is greatly appreciated. Recent Power-Trac oil analysis indicated "coolant additives present, possible trace coolant contamination", wear metals increased since last sample (6mo., 50hrs.):pPM iron 35 from 14, lead 23 from 0, copper 16 from 2, aluminum 7 from 2, sodium 24 from 7, potassium 69 from 0, F-soot 0.4 from 0.1.
Any idea where coolant is comming from? Suggestions to investigate source is greatly appreciated."

A word to the wise: Always pe

A word to the wise: Always perform a re-test oil analysis prior to performing any repair work based on oil analysis....I had another test performed and all is well. I am certainly glad I didn't start tearing these ol' beauties down searching for a non-existant problem.

"hi guys, i also have water in

"hi guys, i also have water in my oil and it is blowing out the exhaust. what do i take off, first to last? thanks a bunch. oh where do you get the additive to the oil to remove varnish from the coolent called cello somthing"

"SOUNDS LIKE LEAKING INJECTOR

"SOUNDS LIKE LEAKING INJECTOR TUBES UNDER VALVE COVER,MIT BE CRACKED CYL HEAD OR LEAKING HEAD GSKT"

removed valve cover and found

removed valve cover and found two broken springs on the second cyl from the back of motor. removed access panel from side of motor and got a valve and some misc chunks of metal from the oil pan

"thanks, that is what i plan o

"thanks, that is what i plan on once i can see what has gone wrong. how tuff is the crank? i think the next to last cyl ate valves first and the last cyl got debris through its exhaust port or air intake holes? it has broken valve springs also. thanks tons
is there anything i should look for while i have it apart as far as what caused this in the first place?
thanks again Beau"

"VALVE SPRING TROUBLE CAN BE F

"VALVE SPRING TROUBLE CAN BE FROM ENGINE OVER SPEED,LOTS OF HRS ON ENGINE.C/S IS VERY TUFF, IF YOU REPAIR BE SURE TO REPLACE ALL ROD AND MAIN BGRS.ALSO REMOVE AIR INLET FROM BLOWER AND INSPECT ROTORS, MAY HAVE SUCKE SOME METAL IN."

Back