Logo

Yamaha 50 hp stalls above idle

pontoonfamily1

"2001 c50 - pre-mix
Idles gre

"2001 c50 - pre-mix
Idles great. Stalls immediately with any increased throttle. Had carbs boiled (ultrasonic cleaned)and reinstalled ($400.00!!) Ran for one tank of gas. Drained tank, installed 10mic water separator/filter. Pulled carbs and cleaned again in Berrymans carb cleaner and then in ultrasonic tank with Berrymans cleaner 20 minutes/ carb. These carbs look like new! Blew out with compressed air, replaced all jets and reinstalled.
Still, no change.
Checked diaphram infuel pump. Pump output is strong.
Ran IV line from 1 gal fuel tank with new fuel and oil. Still no change.
Replaced plugs, no change.
Checked spark, very strong.
Compression is 130 in every cylinder.
I am about to pull my hair out at this point.
There must be someone out there that can guide me further. Help, please"

"I have tested further. New ca

"I have tested further. New carb intake gaskets. confirmed plenty of fuel to carbs. Started blocked one carb and it immediately loaded with fuel.
replaced plugs, ran. Pulled plugs and they are wet.
What would cause sufficient ignition at idle but not beyond? Appears that there is no manual advance. Is it the C.I.D?"

"For anyone interested, it is

"For anyone interested, it is fixed!
There is a fuel enrichment knob on the center carb. The lever is plastic with cam type detents. The plastic is just slightly worn and was causing either a lean or rich condition depending on the direction that it was pushed. Slight jiggle and running strong !!
20ft pontoon 1 person 50hp yam. 4700 rpm. 22mph on the gps. Can't complain!"

has anyone got a cdi unit for

has anyone got a cdi unit for a yamaha 60 no;s on part are t.i.a.02-17 no on engine is 6fo-10 202j not sure of year

Back