Logo

Comment on aqad41ab

joel_aqad41

"i have recently bought a 35 f

"i have recently bought a 35 foot aluminium powered by 2 aqad41's. for current and previous owners of this engine how do you rate them??
fuel economy, reliability, parts ect...?
any feed back welcome, im interested in other peoples opinions of this model"

"Reliable engines.
The weakes

"Reliable engines.
The weakest point in my experience is the fuel injection pump. Be sure you use the biggest Volvo/Racor filters and watch out for water and contamination.
Next on the list is the air and crank case ventilation. Depending on how the air inlet is routed, they are vulnerable. Always keep a spare set on board. If pressed too low on the max obtainable rpm (below 3600), you may run into overheat problems."

Your description sounds like y

Your description sounds like you have my boat!
Just wondering why you are asking After purchasing the package. I just went thru a rebuild because I wanted no small problems and glad I did because a number of little things were caught and fixed. Depends on hours and salt verse fresh water situation. I like the B I have over the later P because of the reliability and availability of used parts.

"sailor - yep, fair question,

"sailor - yep, fair question, the engines werent the determining factor in the purchase, the boat itself and price were. however these are now what i have so im interested to find out about them and familiarise my self.

morton - thanks morton i will pay attention to those areas and also keep an eye out for other things."

Back