Logo

Starving for fuel

olddawg

Contributing Member
AQ125 with Solex carb and Petr

AQ125 with Solex carb and Petronics ignition.

If I advance the throttle quickly from the idle postion all I get is an air sucking sound as the throttle plate opens. If I take it back to idle and then advance the throttle more gradualy she runs right on up to max RPM with no sucking or hesitation.

Is this just an inherent Solex carb issue (Can't supply a quick burst of fuel) or is there something I can adjust or repair to prevent it. It's not a major issue as the engine runs great. It justs annoys me that the engine starves for fuel when I try to firewall the throttle. Just an old Anal retentive who wants to know.

"Casey,

Your particular mod

"Casey,

Your particular model does not have an electric choke rather it has an accelerator pump. Take off your spark arrester and check to make sure that accelerator is "squirting fuel" the whole stroke of the throttle. You just might have to make a few slight adjustments. I have the same engine and sometimes on mine i have to also slowly advance the throttle. If i hole shot it sometimes it sputters and dies if I dont return it to neutral fast enough and other times its perfectly fine?? im not 100% sure of the problem"

Back